How to enable less secure access in Google Workspace
May 2, 2023 | Configure Apps, Google WorkSpace, Web Apps | No Comments|
By default, Google Workspace accounts have “less secure app access” turned off for security reasons. However, if you need to allow access to an app or service that doesn’t use modern security standards, you can turn on “less secure app access” for your account. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to your Google Workspace account at https://admin.google.com.
- Click on “Security” from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the section called “Less secure app access” and click on the “Manage access” link.
- Turn on the option that says “Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps.”
- Now go to the user’s account you want to enable less secure access for.
- From the user’s account page, scroll down to the “Security” section and click on “Less secure app access.”
- Turn on the option that says “Allow less secure apps.”
That’s it! You have now enabled less secure app access for the selected user account. Please note that this option is not recommended for general use and should only be enabled when necessary. It is always better to use modern security standards when possible.